The Contour is ProTaper’s most popular handlebar. Oversized diameter handlebars, without crossbars, were invented and patented by ProTaper in 1991. This design allows the handlebar to flex more and absorb impacts better than conventional bars, offering the rider more comfort and less fatigue without sacrificing bar strength. The Contour Handlebar utilizes a computer-profiled 5mm wall design and is up to 20% lighter than other bars, yet up to 40% stronger. It is the most affordable way to get your hands on the most sought after handlebar design in the world.
- 1-1/8" tubing at the clamping area
- Made from proprietary 5mm 2000 series T6 aluminum alloy for superior tensile and yield strength
- Most affordable balance between fatigue life, impact strength, and impact-absorbing flex
- High-tech, stress-relieved, shot-peened and anodized finish for unmatched durability
- Clutch-side knurling provides maximum grip adhesion
- Chemically applied cut lines and alignment grid are scratch- and peel-resistant
- Plastic end plugs keep the elements out and provide a stronger base for grip ends
- Weighs only 1.55 lbs. (720 grams) without pad
- Bar pad included
Shipping Information:We normally ship orders within 1-4 BUSINESS days from the time the order is placed unless the specific product purchased has a longer availability time specified. If we have the products in our physical location we will always try to ship out the same day, but we sometimes need to get parts from other locations to complete an order. Weekend orders will not be processed until Monday. If for some reason your item is out of stock, we will notify you via e-mail or phone.
Note: If you are choosing 3 Day, 2 Day or Next Day shipping, these shipping rates take effect once the order is shipped (usually within 1-4 business days). If you need the products immediately, please call for availability.
FREE SHIPPING:Items that state free shipping or shipping included - This applies to Australian States and Territories. There will never be free shipping on international orders.
International Orders:Customers with shipping addresses outside of Australia are responsible for all duties, import taxes and brokerage fees. These are *not* included in the cost of shipping or handling of your order. Customs, duties, and taxes vary widely from country to country; please check with your local customs agency for details on estimated costs.
Australian domestic and international shipping costs, customs, duty, and taxes are non-refundable: if a shipment is refused by a customer, the cost of the original shipping, any brokerage/customs/duty/taxes, and return shipping charges will *not* be refunded.